Friday, April 11, 2008

Lindsey




I am loving being a teacher! It is more fun than I could have expected! Things haven't been ideal, working with kids never is, but I have had so much fun! I do have some very exciting news of the career front. Many of you know that I did my student teaching in an Extended Day Kindergarten classroom, and that ultimately my goal was to work towards moving towards that kind of position in Murray School District. I really thought that I would have to teach 2 1/2 day sessions of Kindergarten until the trial period of the program ended, but things have worked out in my favor! One of the teachers in Murray who teaches Extended Day decided to retire and I had the opportunity to interview for it. Well, needless to say, I was offered the position and I accepted it!!! So, next year I will be transferring schools and teaching the Extended Day Kindergarten class at Horizon Elementary! I will say this decision was a difficult one because I have grown to absolutely LOVE Parkside, their staff, parents, and mostly the kids whom I teach. It'll be hard for me not to see them in First grade next year! We've had so much fun this year! 

Here are some of their cute little faces from a field trip we took in November to the Kennecott Nature Center!

2 comments:

GAR said...

Lindsey, I didn't know you got that job...I guess I'll be reading the blog to keep up on the news! Congrats.
Karine

liz + josh said...

welcome to the world of bloggers! I'm happy you have a blog now! Congrats on the Horizon job! I didn't know you had officially gotten it! WOO HOO!!! Are you ready to party 80s style on SATURDAY!!!???