Friday, May 30, 2008

Goodbye Parkside.....Hello Horizon!



Well, I officially made it through my first year teaching!  Can you believe it?  I won't lie and say it was a breeze, but I really loved every minute of it.  I have cried like a baby for the last 2 days every time I got a card, drawing, or gift from one of my students.  I knew that I would cry, but as hormonal as I am really isn't helping!  Cam surprised me and took the day off of work, and brought me flowers at school and took me to lunch.  How sweet is that!  He knew I would be sad to leave my kids, and Parkside, so he wanted to help make my day better.  I have all my teacher stuff packed up to move to Horizon next Tuesday.  It was sad to have to pack up all my stuff already.  I feel like I just unpacked it all at Parkside.  I really will miss Parkside!  I grew to love the staff, kids, and families so much!  That was the hardest part!   I have to keep telling myself that I am going to do what I have always wanted to do, and that if things don't work out as I hope.....Jennifer (my principal at Parkside) told me there will always be a place for me at Parkside which is comforting.  Now I have 2 1/2 months paid time off!!  I am so excited!  Cam and I hope to go on some adventure while I am off work, but who knows what that will be.  I know I will be going to visit Jaynann in Cedar City when she has baby Emma with the girls, but other than that.... I have no big plans!

2 comments:

liz + josh said...

yay! an update! I was hesitant to check, but followed my instincts and you surprised me! i know it's sad to leave parkside, but I think you'll really enjoy horizon. the staff there was super nice and i think you'll come to love it quickly. you're going to be a cry baby at the end of every school year, so you' better just get used to it!!! haha! I'm pumped for the cedertonville trip, fyi!!

GAR said...

Lindsey,

Just wanted to tell you how proud Karine and I of your efforts this year at Parkside. I'm sure that you made a significant difference in the lives of your students. You've helped them get off to a solid start in their quest for a good education. What a significant and important contribution.

We hope you have a wonderful year at Horizon. They are lucky to have you.

Now go out and have a great summer and be sure to come and visit us when you can.

Love,

Greg and Karine