Sunday, November 22, 2009

Let's Be Thankful........

I absolutely love this time of year! Good times spent with family and friends, and let's not forget about the delicious food that comes with Thanksgiving (which I am looking forward to after having eaten like a rabbit for the past month)! At school, we have been talking about being thankful, and surprisingly enough a good majority of my little people didn't know what it meant to be thankful for something or someone. I guess it is a good thing we are going a program for parents this week all about being thankful!

I really do have a lot to be thankful for, and often forget to express my gratitude for those things. So, from today until Thanksgiving, I am going to express my gratitude for people or things in my life.

Today, I am thankful for the opportunity I have to be an educated person. Not everyone in the world has the opportunity to go to school, learn to read and write, and learn a trade that they love! So many important people in my life helped, and continue to help me reach my educational goals, and to them I am forever indebted! I am thankful for the sacrifices you made for me to become an educated person.



Along with being thankful for my education, I am also thankful for my opportunity to educate others. I can honestly say that I LOVE my job! I wake up every morning knowing that each day will be different from the last, and that my little class of 20 kindergartners are excited to see what I have in store for them. For many of them, I am the one stable influence in their lives, and for that I am extremely thankful. I am also thankful to work with so many great people. From my principal, fellow faculty members, to our support staff, each person that I work with is there to work together, and to make each other better. I could not ask for better people to work with.

0 comments: