Wednesday, February 24, 2010

One of those days......

Today was just one of those days for me. A day when I wanted to pull my hair out on many occasions. I had an early morning meeting (and if you know ANYTHING about me, you know how much I DESPISE early mornings), and from second one my darling little kindergartners were acting.....let's just say.......OUT OF CONTROL!! Today was the first day in a very long time that I questioned my love for my job. It took every ounce of strength to just not burst into tears the second they went home (thank goodness it was early day and they left at 1:30!!). Luckily for me, I had time to sit compose myself before teaching a class for my students and their parents (hence the blog post from school at 6:30 at night!).

Some days I complain about my kids, their parents, and even my co-workers sometimes. I am only human, right? But then I am reminded of something new they were able to do, or an idea or concept that finally clicked with them, and I am reminded of why I love.....with all my heart....what I do. I know that none of my students will ever see this post....but I want to apologize for "being a mean teacher" today. Even though you drove me to my wits end today, I care about each and every single one of you....even the smelly ones. I love all the hugs I get every day (no matter how mean I might have/or am being), all of the beautiful artwork I get, and I love being told that I am the best teacher they have ever had (they forget that I am the only teacher they have ever had). Thank you for letting me be your teacher.....I promise tomorrow I will be "Happy Mrs. Romero"!!

1 comments:

Tayler Jae said...

You are a good teacher sister! Your job is so much harder then you probably ever get credit for! You are a huge influence in these kids life's and for many of them you are the one consistent caring adult in their life! You are so much more than a teacher! You amaze me! :) Love you!