Wednesday, March 3, 2010

While I sit and wait.....

Well, we all know what time of year it is.....PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCE TIME! My favorite time of the year.....right? Well, not really, but this year is different than most other years I have taught. I have a fantastic class, and am thrilled to be sharing how much they have learned and grown so far this year. But, that also means I am here at school until 8 o'clock tonight.....and inevitably people miss their appointments, leaving me with time to spare. So, I decided that I would spend my "free" time between conferences, and during the times when I had "no shows" to update the world on the happenings of the Romero's.

Cam and I are up to the same old, same old.....work and school. Cameron is doing phenomenally in the nursing program. He never ceases to amaze me with what he is capable of, and with all the information he has learned! I feel incredibly well taken care of any time I get sick....which is a perk, as well as cuts down on my need to go to the doctor for this or that! I couldn't do what he is doing, so I am super proud of him.....I sound like a proud mother, don't I? But I really am proud of how well he is doing. Nursing is no easy field to work in, or to study, but he is really doing well!

I had the chance to spend last weekend in Boise with my sister while she was getting some help from Coach Corey on her time trial form. Lucky for us, our fabulous aunt and uncle, Sue and Gerry, live in Eagle (just a few mins from downtown Boise) and we were able to crash at their house for a few days. We ate FANTASTICALLY (we went to the most delicious Italian restaurant.....the Stuffed Olive and I nearly ate my weight in shrimp scampi and angel hair with Alfredo (so much for the diet of vacation), and had MANY laughs ("Hello....this is Serge.....we have no dial tone today!")!!! Thanks for having us Sue and Ger, taking us to dinner, and for teaching us all the amazing things you can do with a dish towel :)(Gerry is an amazing headdress creator). We love you guys, and can't wait for out next adventure!!

Well, now that this post has taken me hours to write (I started at 2ish, and am finishing up at 7:40), and conferences are done for the evening.....I think I'll head home. My brain is tired from thinking about 21 kindergartners progress, and my voice is tired from talking non-stop. Oh.....and the highlight of the night.....my favorite little student (well, he really isn't my student, but I have his sister in my class) Mohamed, had his parent teacher conference. His mom came to talk to me about her kids (she is an amazing lady....they are from Somalia and she is raising 7 kid alone here, and speaks VERY little English). She told me that Mohamed tells her everyday that she should give their baby (who is about 4-5 months old) to me because I need a baby. How darling is that!?!?! I think I might just take the baby if they offered him to me :). I just love him.....well I love all of his siblings! Anywho.....Sounds like a great night for a bubble bath! Only one more day of work this week.....then a 3 day weekend!!!

0 comments: