Sunday, July 11, 2010

Good Times in July!

The past few weeks have been filled with many good times! The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays! This year was especially fun because we got to celebrate for 3 days! Our celebrations began on the 3rd and the Murray parade. Cameron and I both always "complain" about going to the parade.....it's early in the morning (which in the summer.....is not my favorite time of the day), and there are a lot of people (which is not Cameron's thing at all). But, we always go and once we get there remember why we always go. I love parades! It was so fun! I got to see a lot of people I went to high school with.....remember, people from Murray NEVER leave......and some of my darling little students who were in the parade. We had fun with Cam's parents, grandparents, sister, and cousin. Ryan, one of Cam's brothers, is a Student Body Officer at Murray High and was in the parade this year, so we had someone to watch for! My step brother Cody was supposed to be in the parade as well with the football team, but decided to sleep in instead. Oh well.....



After we saw Ryan, we decided we'd seen enough of the parade.....since most of it were political hopefuls passing out fliers and bad candy, we decided to go out for breakfast. Since we were sitting in front of Mimi's Cafe on State Street, we decided to go there.



Mimi's, for the most part doesn't disappoint (we've had a few bad experiences there) and this time was delish! I love quiche and don't know why I don't enjoy it more......oh, it is probably because it is buttery and delicious and sticks right to my butt. But, it was delicious, and a great end to our morning. Cameron had to work from 12-9, so by the time we got home fireworks had already started so we just stayed home. We could see some of the West Jordan fireworks from our house!

Sunday the 4th, Cam once again had to work. Gotta love working in retail! I spent the day at the pool.....my second home. When Cam got home we met up with some of our friends. Curtis, one of Cameron's friends from high school, was in town so we all met up for some good times and pool.

Cam worked on Monday.....again, but that night we were able to go to the Bee's game with Liz and Josh. I love baseball, and nothing says summer like a good baseball game.



It was a fireworks night, so the game was PACKED! We had a great time though sitting in the outfield (which was probably as hot as the surface of the sun until about 8), chatting, watching the game, eating chicken fingers and snow cones. Like baseball, summer screams snow cones!!



We love snow cones! I will say I was incredibly unhappy with the flavor choices......they only had cherry and blueberry!! The fireworks after the game were awesome! I can't wait to see them again when we go to the game on the 23rd and sit in one of the boxes.....let's hope this is a new Romero Family tradition (hint....hint.....Greg and Karine).

Tuesday....yes, we had another event this week.....we got together for a BBQ and swimming with Brock and Natalie. It was great fun!! I love that our apartment has BBQ's at the pool! It makes for a one stop spot for a good time!



Wednesday I had a chance to help interview one of the candidates for the Kindergarten position we have at our school. It was so fun! I was so impressed with her, and am so excited to work with her next year! It will be a challenge.....since she is having a baby at the end of August.....but will be a fun adventure!

And last, but not least, last night we had yet another BBQ (it's summer......grilling at gatherings is a necessity) as a Bon Voyage for my cycling sister who leaves this week for Europe to race with the US National Team! It was fun as always, and a great way to celebrate such an awesome experience for Tayler. News has spread about her cycling skills.....and the Deseret News is doing an article on her accomplishments some time this week! She went to have her pictures take in Memory Grove with the photographer on Monday. I guess the photographer doesn't know much about cycling......some of the pictures were a little silly. However, I don't care! I think my sister is a rock star and even if some of the pictures look a little cheesy, I KNOW the article will do her skills justice! Here is my favorite picture.....



I will post the article when it comes out.....as well as updates on her races for all those who care! And everyone should care because someday she will be an Olympian!!

2 comments:

Tim and Stephanie said...

What a fun weekend filled with yummy food! :) I am the same way with parades! Funny, the Murray thing is SO TRUE! :)

MILLS said...

Amen to the Murray thing :) We were almost sitting right next to each other at the parade!!! Wish we could have seen you guys! Congrats to your sister that is so Awesome! Hope all is well, and don't worry I haven't forgot about your amazing baby sitting skills ;)