Friday, July 2, 2010

Ya, I'm Published....

In June, I had the chance to write lesson plans for the new Social Studies core curriculum.....which was a pretty cool experience if you ask me. I met and worked with 2 AMAZING kindergarten teachers and created some pretty fun and interactive ways to teach the new core. Well, today I received an email to say that they have officially been published to the UEN website. So, ya.....I'm published now! (Sounds a little cocky, doesn't it.....but oh well.) So, if you have any interest what-so-ever in seeing what I helped write, visit the UEN website here:

http://www.uen.org/core/socialstudies/kindergarten/lesson_ideas.shtml

For my other teacher "peeps", there are lesson plan ideas for all grade levels......enjoy......even through I didn't write them! Thank you USOE for the great experience!



On another teacher note, I have had the chance this week to sit in on the interviews for our part time kindergarten teacher (So sad by buddy and partner in crime Marsha is moving to a new school! Great for her, sad for me!). There are a lot of really qualified people out there!!! Glad I am not the one making the decision about who to hire (although this is good experience for my future job as a principal).

Happy 4th to all of my devoted readers! May you be safe and enjoy BBQ's with family and friends, and the wonder of fireworks displays!



Photobucket

0 comments: