Tuesday, July 15, 2008

iPhone, Logan Adventures, Reunions, and an Almost Finished Classroom!!

Well, Cam and I have had a fairly busy week.  So as you all know, iPhone 3g has officially become a member of the Romero Family.  Last Friday, July 11th was the launch of the new iPhone, and let me just tell you..........it was CRAZIER than I could have ever imagined!!  The night before, our email was buzzing with the customers camping out count, and when we went to bed about 11 PM, there was approx. 100 people waiting in line to buy their phones.  Cameron got up to go into work at 5:30 AM to help get ready for their early open at 8.  When he got to the store around 6, he was SHOCKED to see a massive line of HUNDREDS of people who made their way to the store in the middle of the night, wrapping all the way around the back of the Apple Store.  He was excited about the number of people, but nervous because they told him that he couldn't buy his phone until all the customers had been helped.  Right before they opened the store, one of his bosses pulled him aside and said, "You are the man!  You're the top sales person, and the most excited and willing to help out with the iPhone launch.  How would you like to be the first person in Utah to own an iPhone 3g?"  Needless to say, Cameron nearly peed himself with joy and of course said "YES!!!", and was became the first iPhone 3g owner in the state of Utah!  So cool!!  The Romero/Wiles family are now the proud owners of 3 iPhone 3g's.  Cam's "geekdom" has officially rubbed off on my Dad, who bought one on Saturday night (and yes, there was still a massive line on Saturday night at 7PM!  Dad and I didn't have to wait though, we got VIP treatment and bypassed the line :)  Shhh, don't tell!!).  Greg (Cam's Dad) is almost as big of a nerd as Cameron is, so he had to upgrade his phone as well (he also got VIP treatment and bypassed the line).  So after 2 12 hour shifts selling iPhones, Cameron got Sunday and Monday off to fully enjoy his new toy!!

Some of the other highlights of our week were our trip to Logan to visit Liz and Josh.  The trip was pre-iPhone so Cam drove since he didn't
 have a toy to play with on the road.  It was a lot of fun, and we almost brought home one of Liz's wild kittens who live behind their house, but I don't think Jinx would have enjoyed having to share her house with someone else.  Liz made fajitas (which were delicious!), then we went and got ice cream at Charlie's (Logan's version of Take 5......but MUCH better!).  It was fun to hang out and see their cute little house.  Liz is the crafty gal out of all of us so I am recruiting her to make all my crafts for me.  I am more of a Pier 1 kinda gal!!

For those of you who don't know, I am a Food Network junky!  One of my favorites shows to watch is Diners, Drive Inns, and Drives, which is a show that highlights restaurants all around the country.  They highlight several family owned and operated diners which is interesting to me since my family owns and operates a restaurant (shamless plug for Millcreek Cafe and Eggworks, the family business).  Well, the show has recently visited several places in Utah.
  They visited Blue Plate Diner, Ruth's Diner, Pat's BBQ (all 3 in the SLC area), and the Burger
 Bar (in Roy).  Well, since we had no other plans for the morning/afternoon of the day we were
 making the trek to Logan, Cam and I decided to stop off in Roy and try out the Burger Bar!  All I can say is WOW!!  It was so tasty (not to mention fairly cheap, we both ate for less than $12.00)!!  I would recommend it to anyone passing through the Davis County area!

Sunday night, we met up with a few friends from high school at Katrina and Scott's new home.  It was a lot of fun to get together for a BBQ since we don't get to see each other all that often.  It was also fun to see Katrina's 2 darling little ones.  I hadn't seen Bentley since Kim and Nick got married almost 2 years ago!  He is a doll, and so is little Ezra who is 4 months.  I hope we do it again soon!!

My classroom at Horizon is almost set up and ready to go!  I have spent MANY hours there going through stuff (or as I like to call it 30 year old junk!), and making it my own.  I went over last night while Cameron was out with some of his guy friends, and was finally inspired on how I should arrange the furniture!  Hallelujah!!  I know I should be enjoying my summer and stay away from school for as long as possible, but I need to have the room ready for the first week in August when I am doing the All Day Kindergarten testing, and before I head to Vegas the week after!  I promise I will post pictures of it as soon as it is all finished.  I really wish I would have taken a before picture so I had something to compare it to.

1 comments:

liz + josh said...

i definitely want pictures of your room when it's done. it's going to be fabulous, i just know it.

so of course, i spaced writing about your trek to logan. don't take it personally, josh kept getting after me for blogging so i basically skipped any days that i didn't take any pictures (and of course we didn't that day). so, thank you for documenting your day in logan, it meant a lot to both of us that you came up!

also, if everyone really will drive to ogden/layton area, that would be fabulous and we'd definitely love to join! just keep me posted on details for that event!

also, my new camera should be here by then so i can help document with pictures!