Monday, July 7, 2008

Hancock, Fireworks, Teacher Training, and the Count Down to iPhone 3g!!



Cam and I have been incredibly busy this past week!  I spent July 1-3rd at Core Academy.  It is a 3 day professional development for elementary school teachers put on by the State Office of Education and Utah State University.  IT WAS AMAZING!!!  I learned so much about the changes made to the Kindergarten core curriculum, and got so many wonderful ideas to use on next year!  I also got lots of free goodies.....a teachers dream come true!!!  I went with Rachelle, my old teaching partner from Parkside.  We had a lot of fun talking and remembering our little people we had last year.  So many stories other teachers shared reminded us of events we experienced this year whether it was biting, potty training (yes, we did have a child who Rachelle was potty training.....IN KINDERGARTEN!!!), or other memories.  I also got to catch up with my friend Teresa who I went through the teacher training program at the U.  

On the 4th of July, Cam and I went to see the movie Hancock during the day.  I really liked it!  It was really funny!  I was a little sad when Hancock "toned down", cause he did quite have the sense of humor he did when he was a drunk bum on the street.  I am sure that everyone has heard about the strange twist in the movie, and how obvious it was.....well, I must be an idiot because
 I didn't catch onto any of them!  Maybe I am just a little slow!  It's a good summer movie though!  We would recommend it!

After the movie, we went to a BBQ at my Grandparents house.  It was no big production, just my Mom and Wes, my Aunt Shannon, my Grandparents, and Cam and I.  We had hot dogs, and talked for a bit.  It was fun!  I don't see my Mom as much since she and Wes moved to Bluffdale.  It's quite a drive from downtown to Bluffdale, and vice versa, so it was nice to hang out with them for a while.  


About 9, Cam and I headed over to Murray Park to watch the fireworks with Greg, Cam's Dad (his mom was at work, and the kids were out with friends)
.  I will be honest, Murray's fireworks were LAME this year!  I guess they spent too much money on all the pep rallies for David Archuletta and ran out of money for the 4th of July Celebration!!  I love fireworks so it was worth it to me even though they weren't the best.  Murray does need to do a better job training their police officers on how to direct traffic!!!  It was a nightmare trying to get home!!  It was a good holiday!


Cam is gearing up for the iPhone 3g's release this Friday!!  He has been waiting for SO long for
 this! He can't wait to hold his in his hand as soon as possible.  They are gearing up for it's
 release at the Apple Store.  They put up the new iPhone window display today, and had a meeting to talk about the new product last night.  Cam is working from open to close on Friday and hopes to sell as many new phones as he can!!! 

Babies seem to be the topic of most conversations being had since Jaynann had hers, and since Cameron and I hit the 1 year Anniversary mark.  I guess that is when people think you should think about having a family.  For the record......Cameron and I are not planning on having kids for a few years.  Cameron needs to finish nursing school, then we'll think about it.  Neither one of us are ready for that kind of responsibility.  When I think of babies, I think of crying, poop, and more crying (the picture sums it all up!).  Once I get to the point where I don't think that way, then I am probably ready to start thinking about having my own.  For now, I will play with Jaynann's!   Liz posted an interesting website on her blog today.  It was for the Baby Name Generator website.  I thought I would go and see what it is all about.  I put in our last name, then let the baby Genie have at it with generating names.  Whoever decided that these names go well together, had to be high on drugs!!!  

Here are some of the more interesting names for boy babies it came up with for us......
  • Winston Emanuel Romero
  • Talon Bryce Romero
  • Clarence Michael Romero
  • Nehemiah Jesse Romero
  • Tanner Finn Romero
And for girl babies..................
  • Katrina Zaria Romero
  • Genesis Isabella Romero
  • Bridgett Kaylah Romero
  • Jasmine Jaqueline Romero
  • Angelina Jannessa Romero
Needless to say, I don't think I will be using this site to help me name ANY of my children.  They names are too weird for me!  I am a little more traditional.  It was interesting, but not for me.  Check it out if you'd like.......

http://www.babynamegenie.com

2 comments:

liz + josh said...

Haha, your names are awesome, too! That website can make for hours of fun...

Josh wants to see Hancock, which is now on our list of must- see movies. It has gotten good and bad reviews so if you guys liked it, that may be enough to make me see it. Also, he will probably be talking with Cam tonight about the iPhone. He wants a new phone so badly and the one he really wants is a Nokia one that costs $700. Yeah freakin right. It's funny when you can say the iPhone is a cheaper alternative. Definitely leave at 4 because any later, you'll for sure hit traffic for an hour! See you guys tonight!

*~*stacy*~* said...

I know! The halter top is a big change for her!! I lovedddd the little girl's yellow dresses. So cute! I had this thought of it being you all paranoid about the mess the entire time. I can just see it!

Less than 5 weeks until the reunion!