Monday, June 30, 2008

Babies and Monkey Munch!

Well, today is a momentous day for the FuFu sisters (my group of girlfriends from high school).  We welcomed the first of the 2nd generation sisters!  Jaynann and her husband Adam welcomed their little Emma Renae Daly into the world at 3:02 PM!  She weighed in at 8 lbs 6 ounces and was 20 inches long!  We spent several nights by our phones awaiting the birth text (we will all sleep well tonight though)!  Jaynann originally went into the hospital to be induced on last Thursday (the 26th) at 1 AM.  Well, after MANY hours of contractions and not progress after they gave her the medication to get the process going, the doctors sent her home to "wait it out" some more.  So, tired of going through hours of labor producing no baby, Jaynannie went home to wait and see if Emma would come naturally.  Well, she didn't so they went back to the hospital last night at 1 AM to try the induction again.  Well, it didn't work again either so she was delivered by c-section this afternoon.  I told Jaynann that this was definitely her and Adam's child.  She had to make a dramatic entrance into the world (the met while at SUU in the theater department)!  She couldn't just be born like all other babies!  Congrats Jaynann and Adam!  We can't wait to see your little lady!  

The other blog worthy even of my day is less exciting.  Since I have been home during the day, I have a new guilty pleasure.  Daytime TV stinks, so I was pleased to find an entertaining show to watch while I am folding laundry or doing school type organizational things.  I am a HUGE fan now of the show Jon and Kate + 8 on TLC!  I know that sounds really crazy, but I love it.  For those who don't know about the show, it is a documentary type show that follows the lives of a family with a set of twins and sextuplets....yes 6 babies at 1 time!!!  I have even got Cameron watching it when it is on at night!  Well, on an episode I watch the other day, Kate and the little girls made a treat called Monkey Munch.  Cam told me I had to make it, but I was a little apprehensive to try it because it has peanut butter in it, and we all know how I feel about peanut butter.  But I bought the ingredients that I didn't already have at home, and made it this afternoon.  Oh my!!  It is delicious!  I tweaked it a bit, as I usually do when I cook things, and added more chocolate chips and less peanut butter.  (I was making it and was covered with melted chocolate when I got the birth text, so now my phone is a little sticky.)  It may be a new favorite treat for the Romero's!  I know so many of you will love it as much as we do, so here is the recipe!

Monkey Munch

9 Cups of Chex Cereal
1 Cup of Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup of Peanut Butter
1/4 Cup of Butter
1 Tsp of Vanilla
1 1/2 Cups of Powdered Sugar

Pour Chex cereal into a large mixing bowl and set aside.  Combine chocolate chips, butter, and peanut butter into a microwave safe bowl and heat on high in the microwave until melted.  Mix it well until everything is combined.  Add the vanilla.  Pour the chocolate mixture over the Chex cereal and mix until all pieces are coated in chocolate.  Pour chocolate covered cereal into a 2 gallon ziplock bag (I did mine in a 1 gallon bag.....I just did it in 2 batches).  Add in powdered sugar and shake until all pieces are covered in sugar.  Let cool and ENJOY!!!


3 comments:

*~*stacy*~* said...

omg I LOVE Jon & Kate + 8!!!! I have it on tivo and watch it all the time. I don't know how they function or operate as well as they do, but boy they do! I've thought about making the monkey munch but with only me around, it seems like a bad idea waiting to happen. Maybe I'll make it to take down to the 4th of July celebrations!

liz + josh said...

i, too, love Jon and Kate + 8!!! it's addictive, too! that makes me laugh that we're all watching the same show miles and miles apart.

as for monkey munch, we call them muddy buddies and they are FABULOUS! they don't even taste peanut buttery and I can practically eat a whole batch myself!

so get this, my roommate Lindsay had her baby today, too. i guess it was meant to be that 2 of my best friends go over their due dates by over a week and have their babies only 2 hours apart. maybe emma and little reagan can hook up and marry. you never know!

and ps- did you ever figure out a day to come up here? i was just informed that i have a work meeting on thurs the 10th at like 9pm, so tues may be a better day for us. but we'll make anything work!

liz + josh said...

haha, i got a kick out of my posting too. i know there will be a few people who say a few choice words.

as for tomorrow, we're going to do beef and chicken fajitas which i have all marinating and everything. if you want to bring a salad, that'd be super (just don't bring too much- you remember how freakin picky my husband is). I even figured we could get a treat somewhere after dinner- like ice cream or something.

as for friday- i freakin work a double at the restaurant! i picked up shifts for my vegas fund and that just happens to be the day i maxed myself out. dang it, i really want to see her.

anyway, i'm excited for manana, call me for directions or if you have any ?s!!!