Sunday, June 29, 2008

Movies! Movies! and more Movies!

Since school has been out, Cam and I have been to lots of movies.  The end of the school year was so hectic for me, and Cam was working a lot more afternoon/evening shifts we weren't able to have too many date nights.  It's been nice to be able to spend more time together, and we hope to be able to keep having regular date nights when school starts again.  We've seen some pretty good movies lately that we encourage everyone to go and see (if you haven't already)!!  

Sex and the City Movie was the first movie seen in the rounds of movies!  I went and saw this movie with my mom and my sister.  I loved the movie!  It was a little depressing at times, but was such a great friend movie!  I couldn't help but think about all my girlie friends the whole time!  I just we don't have to deal with a lot of the drama the NY ladies did!

Last weekend, Cam and I stayed with his brothers and sister while his parents went to Park City for their anniversary.  Saturday night we took Lauren to dinner at Jason's Deli and to see Kung Fu Panda at the Gateway.  It was a really funny show.  I was a little hesitant to go and see it, but it really was a pretty good show.  It's a good one to rent when it comes out on video if you want a good laugh.

Thursday, Cam and I spent the day together since we was off work.  We stayed home and relaxed in the morning, since it was the day after the unfortunate falling down the stairs incident, then went and ran a few errands.  While we were out, Cam decided he wanted to go and give blood.  He has the rare blood type so he gives fairly often.  We drove to the Red Cross in Murray so he could get poked.  I have not had good experiences with blood donations, so I opted to be the moral support.  He went back and did all paperwork stuff, then went to the chair.  All was going well until about half way through his blood bag, the machine started beeping.  The technician came over and told him that he'd stopped.  She started wiggling the needle in his arm to see if it would start flowing again.  So at this point Cameron is freakin out!  The blood doesn't start flowing, so she tells him that he needs to rotate his arm while she moves the needle around!!!  AHH!!  Well, he does and blood starts flowing down his arm!  Well, she looks over and sees the blood running down his arm, and decides he is done.  Holy crap!  So needless to day, his arm was so sore and bruised after the whole experience.  We decided to lighten our day, we decided to go and see The Incredible Hulk.  We both really liked it.  It was a loud and action packed movie, and was just what we needed after our pain filled 24 hours!

Our last cinematic experience was one Cam and I have been waiting for!  Disney and Pixar's Wall*E!  I was excited because I like cute movies, and Cameron because Pixar's relation to Apple.  He grew to love it more because of the other Apple elements used in the movie.  Wall*E has a first generation iPod, and that when Wall*E reboots, he makes the sound that Apple computers do when the boot up.  An Apple nerds dream come true!  Anyways, we really like it and would recommend it to anyone!

There are a a few other movies we are really excited to see this summer......The Dark Knight mostly!  Cam and I are both HUGE Batman fans!  We are looking forward to Hancock as well.  The Happening and Wanted are both already out, but are also on our list to see eventually.  I am most looking forward to the 6th edition in the Harry Potter (The Half Blood Prince) series which comes out on November 21!  I will be first in line to buy tickets as well as to see the movie when it comes out!

2 comments:

liz + josh said...

yay for a movie update! i haven't seen a single one on your list! I want to see Sex and the City, but I have no girlfriends up here to go with! Josh wants to see the Hulk, so I'm sure we will, and Wall-E is on our list, too. They're already selling tickets for the Bateman movie up here so we'll be getting those.

So i was thinking, our next trip together should be a couples trip to Mexico or something. Think about it.

oh, and too bad for cam's arm. that's what he gets for doing some good in the world.

adam said...

I also loved Wall-E because of the Apple elements. I even giggled when he charged his solar panels. :)