Thursday, June 26, 2008

Ouch!!!, and More!!


Well, I was really beginning to think that the clumsy gene I've been cursed with had left my body since I have had no major injuries or accidents since the 9th grade.  I was very wrong.  Let's recap all of my injuries in life thus far....
  • 4 Broken Arms:  1 from tripping over a hose, and both at the same time from playing dodgeball in 3rd grade P.E, and 1 from another clumsy incidence that I don't remember.  
  • 1 Broken Ankle:  I was coming down the ladder of a slid, missed a step and landed hard on the ground.  Another classic "Clumsy Lindsey" moment. 
  • 1 Shattered Thumb:  From crushing it on an inside pitch I was trying trying to bunt.
  • 1 Knee ligament injury:  Again, playing softball.   
Now, for the current clumsy moment.  Last night, at about 10 PM, Cam and I were waiting for my Dad and Tayler to get back from getting Tayler dinner last night on the front porch.  We were going to get delicious frozen yogurt from the Shop n' Go on 17th and 17th (best frozen yogurt EVER!!).  Well, I was sitting on the bench on the porch, and Cam was at the bottom of the steps by the porch.  He wanted me to come and stand by him, so I got up, made it down 3 or the 4 steps, and slid off of the bottom step and landed on my right foot in a hole where the concrete had crumbled away.  I heard 2 loud pops, and went right to the ground.  Holy crap it hurt!!!  I thought my ankle was broken in half!  My first thought was that I wasn't going to be able to go to Vegas with my girlies because I was going to be in a cast (not a good thought at all!)!  I was hit with instant pain, dizziness, and nausea!  I didn't cry though (mostly because I think I was in shock), which I was very proud of.  Cam I think was in shock too and trying not to laugh at my falling down the stairs.  I had to lay down on the cold, wet cement (the sprinklers were on conveniently) so I didn't pass out.  We decided not to go to the ER, and wait and see what happened over night.  I did manage to get up and hobble down the stairs to my house, where nurse Cameron took care of me with ice, elevation, and medicine.  He was afraid that this morning we'd wake up to a softball sized ankle and have to go to the doctor.  My ankle is VERY swollen, and a little bruised, but not broken, just sprained pretty good!  I have never really had much to show as far as ankles go, but now on my right leg.....no ankle exists...... just straight tree trunk leg.....for now!  It's my driving foot too, so it is good Cameron is off work today and can be my chauffeur!  Wonderful huh!?!  Only I could do something so stupid to injure myself!  

So, Cam has decided to create a blog of his own......a technology blog.  We all know how much he loves electronic things.....especially those created by Apple.  So he has used his "geekdom" to create his tech blog called......The Daily Mac Intake.  It is pretty sweet!  You'll have to check it out.  I added it to our other blog links.  I am also working on putting together a blog for parents of my students to use to see what we are doing on a weekly basis at school, and to be informed.  I hope to add links to important school documents too.  It is a work in progress!  

I started unpacking my teacher stuff in my new classroom at Horizon.  My room is A LOT smaller than my old room at Parkside, but I do have a lot more storage space which is nice.  It is hard going into a room that a teacher has taught in for 30 years and collect 30 years of stuff!  There is so much CRAP that is so old and nasty that I am throwing away!  I also am getting rid of a lot of t he furniture that she used.  I like open space, and can't deal with a lot of clutter and stuff in my way.  I guess that is a trait I inherited from my mother!  I had planned to go in again today, but since I am walking like an idiot, I think I will wait at least until tomorrow, maybe even Monday to go and clean some more.  

3 comments:

liz + josh said...

oh, my dear... that sounds painful! are you sure it's just sprained? remember the time that i fell miniature golfing (embarrassing moment for me too), i thought it was sprained and my dad made me go to the ER and my ankle wasn't broken but had been chipped in 2 places! keep your eye on it for reals and if it doesn't get better, go to the dr. especially if it would end up limiting you for our VEGAS vacay!

yay for your new room at Horizon. I'm thinking I may come down next week sometime so if I do and you need some help, i can be of assistance to you

MILLS said...

That is no good! I hope you start feeling better soon! Make sure you go to the doctor if swelling doesn't go down or it starts to hurt even more! You are so lucky to have nurse Cam by your side!
Congrats on the new Room that is great!
Besides having a clumsy moment (which we all have) how is life going for you guys? We really do need to try and get together for another dinner!
Get well soon and let me know if I can help you out in anyway!

*~*stacy*~* said...

Oh Lindsey...can I say it was only a matter of time? I'm just glad its interference on our FuFu time should be minimal. How did you decide it was just sprained?

In August I'll come see the new room!!