Sunday, January 24, 2010

Chocolate Cake.....in a Mug? and a few other things :).

I figured while I am home with my sick husband today, it was high time that I updated the blog. Let me begin by saying how much I hate it when Cameron is sick. Not just because being sick is no fun, but I hate to see him miserable. And boy, is he miserable. Let's hope it is just a 24 hour bug!! Get better, and I promise this time I won't run away this time! (He got food poisoning last Christmas, and I ran away to my mom's house for the day....mostly because I fear throw up.)

Everyone knows I am a sucker for sweet treats. I will admit it, I am a chocoholic. When I heard about this "5 Minute Chocolate Cake in a Mug", I was skeptical. Especially, because it cooks in the microwave, and I am not one to bake in the microwave. But, because I will try to make anything once, I decided to try it. It surprisingly turned out pretty good! By no means is it the best cake I have ever had, but it was better than I anticipated. It has incredients that most people have in their cubbards, so when you have a hankering for something chocolate, give it a shot! It is more than enough to feed 2 people....or one if you have a MAJOR sweet tooth.

5 Minute Chocolate Cake in a Mug
4 TBS Flour
4 TBS Sugar
2 TBS Coco Powder
3 TBS Milk
3 TBS Oil (or applesauce to cut down on the calories and fat)
1/4 TSP Vanilla
1 Egg
3 TBS Chocolate Chips (optional)

Combine all incredients in 1 large mug (or split into 2 standard sized mugs). Microwave for 3 minutes (or 1 1/2 minutes if you split it into 2 snall mugs). It will raise up over the rim of the mug, but will settle back down. That is how you know it is done. Let is cool for 5 minutes, and turn out on a plate, or eat it right from the mug.


Try it out, and let me know what you think!

Not a lot has been going on in the world of Cameron and Lindsey. Work, school, and work and school. That is pretty much the name of our game at this point. I will say that I love this time of the year for one reason.....AWARD SHOWS!!! I love entertainment.....movies and television especially. So, therefore the Golden Globes are my favorite award show! This year was fantastic!! The laughs, the tears, and all of those amazing dresses!!! I love it. There is just something about celebrity glamor that make me happy. I was also so happy with the winners this year! Almost everyone I wanted to win, won! Here are my favorite winners of the night! We will begin with TV..........

Cam and I are big Dexter fans.....and not the CBS version......the legit Showtime version. I mean, how can you really portray a serial killer properly on network television? So, naturally we were thrilled when he won for best actor in a television drama. He is a phenomial actor, and hopefully he can beat cancer and return to play our favorite serial killer! Since we are Dexter fans, we were also thrilled when John Lithgow won for best supporting actor in a dramatic series for his role as the Trinity killer on this past season of Dexter! If you have never seen the show, rent it, or download it....because it is awesome!

My next fav going to Chloe Sevigny for her role as polygamous sister wife Nikki Grant on HBO's Big Love. It takes a lot to play a role of that calibre, and she does a fabulous job at making you love and hate her manipulative and sneaky ways. Please, no judgemental comments on me having watched Big Love. I know the controversy surrounding it......enough said.

And Glee!! I love it!! Sooooo glad it won!!! I was very skeptical of it at first since I am really not a fan of musicals, but it proved me wrong. Secretly I wish I could break out into song at any given point in my day. And, secretly I think I am a little evil like Sue :).

Now, on to the movies!


I know I bashed Sherlock Holmes the first time I watched it.....well, I decided I didn't like it because I slept through it the first time I watched it......it was Christmas Day people.....I was BEAT!! Well, Cam and I went and saw it again, and changed our minds! We are big Robert Downey Jr. fans, so naturally we were THRILLED when he won! He deserved it! And, his acceptance speech made me happy in my heart! And, Sandra Bullock....who doesn't love her!! It made me cry when she told her hubby....Jesse James.....that her work only has gotten better since she met him. LOVE THEM!! I'll be honest, I have yet to see The Blind Side, so I can't say she deserved to win for her role, but she is just an all around fantastic actress so I am sure she deserved it!

What is there to say about Avatar? It is a phenominal movie, and one that everyone should see....and in 3D if possible! I had no interest in seeing it whatsoever, but being the good wife that I am, went with Cam. And boy am I glad that I did! GO SEE IT!! You won't be disappointed. The visual effects alone are worth it!

Now, on to a recap on a few of my goals for 2010......

Guess what I bought.......you guessed it, the Biggest Loser work-out DVD's!!! They will be here Tuesday, so by next weekend, I will have a reivew for you! Hopefully, it helps me achieve my goal of better health in 2010!

I have been reading a lot more as well. I haven't finished a book yet, but I am trying to make time each day to read for my enjoyment. I am reading Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol right now, and it is AWESOME!!! I hope to finish it in the next week or 2. My next read will be Eclipse......no, I have not read it yet. I have re-kindled my love of reading, and love spending time each day doing something just for me.....because ultimately 2010 is the year of Lindsey!

My cooking skills are improving, and I have tried some new and really great new recipes!!! Yesterday I researched 7 new recipes to make for dinners this week! I am really excited to try them all. I am going to try and post them here each night with a picture and a review. I know I am always looking for new things to try, and know that many of my readers are always looking to try new things, so hopefully this will inspire some creativity in your kitchens!!

4 comments:

l + j said...

post your recipes! you know me, i'm terrible at cooking and definitely don't try out new recipes for fun. so, any that actually work out... send my way!!!

Jayson Michael West said...

Linds, Thanks so much for your encouraging comment on my blog tonight. I had some of those thoughts but really wondered how much it was contributing to my gloominess. You're right though-- we give so much of ourselves to our kids, we have to give some time to ourselves to revive. I'm going to try harder with that too. 2010 will be the year of Tristin! I'm totally gonna try your chocolate cake in a mug. Sometimes I want just a lil somethin, and that seems perfect and easy! Talk to me at school and tell me about that book you're reading. I've also recently started reading more for personal pleasure and I'm finding myself reading the last Twilight book REALLY SLOWLY because I've enjoyed the series so much, and I don't know what I want to read next. Thanks again!

Suzi Q said...

Lindsey! I LOVE the blog! It looks darling! Can I just tell you I believe my life is a musical and I am the star. Next time we are together we should break out into song. :) Love it!

MILLS said...

What a great post!!! I could not agree with you more about all the great shows :) Dexter is in the top three for Sure!(the Showtime Version for Sure) And then there is Glee, you couldn't get a better show that makes you feel good episode!
If you haven't seen Modern Family yet, I am going to recommend that one to you! It is so funny and I think we have some similar tastes in shows ;)
Good luck with the goals of 2010! You are such a strong amazing woman I am sure you will achieve them and so much more!
I can't wait to try the Chocolate cake in a Mug! I will for sure let you know how that goes :)