Saturday, January 9, 2010

Resolutions?

Well, I figure it is high time I discuss my progress on my New Years Resolutions.......so here it goes. I think I have done pretty well for myself....given I don't have the best track record with sticking to my resolutions.

~ Get closer to graduation (for both of us):

Well, I began another class on Thursday, and Cameron starts school on Monday, so progress is being made!


~ Reading more:

I have made no progress here. I have yet to open my new copy of Dan Brown's new book "The Lost Symbol", and I still haven't finished the Twilight series....SHOCKING, I know!! I vow to read at least 3 chapters of either "Eclipse" tomorrow or "The Lost Symbol".


~ Blog more:

I think I am accomplishing that goal as we speak!


~ Taking more pictures of our life adventures!!:

Well, I took pictures of my class on our field trip this week.....but none of either Cam or I. School is one of my adventures, so I guess I am working to accomplish this goal. Unfortunately, I can't post any of them here.....since they are of my students. I promise next week I will have some pictures of us!!


~ No longer being a provisional teacher:

I received an email this week from the Human Resources Dept. at the district office telling me I have fulfilled all of the requirements for relicensure!!! WOOOOO!! I now just have to wait until I have a spare $150-200 (can anyone say TAX return!) so I can pay to renew my license and get yet another background check done!!


~ Trying new recipes, and refining my cooking skills:

This is one thing I have done really well with! I tried a new cookie recipe, and tonight I made risotto for the first time (both which turned out AMAZING I might add)!! And, I have a new chicken recipe I am trying out tomorrow. I absolutely love to cook, so I know this will be an easy resolution for me to keep.


~ Be more healthy:

Cam and I are doing this together, so this hasn't been too hard. We went grocery shopping the other day and bought a bunch of healthy and delicious food, and are both of us are working on moving more. My next move will be to buy the Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout videos to do at home. I will be honest, I HATE the gym, so the more exercise I can do at home, the better I will be. I will let you know what I think of it!

All in all, I think I am headed down their right path to accomplishing my goals for 2010! What are your goals?

4 comments:

Tim and Stephanie said...

Sounds like you're on track!

I of course am working on the 10 pounds left from baby, and 20 more after that!

I hate the gym too! I have the Biggest Loser Power Sculpt video, and I love it! I also do Turbo Jam. That kicks your butt too!

Sharlene and Matt said...

good job guys! you are doing great on your resolutions. My goal was to work out 3 times a week and I only did 2.... My other goal be on time and i was to everything this week. wahoo. I also have the Biggest Loser Workout video and its the best! I love Bob. GOOD LUCK keeping strong

Suzi Q said...

Nice work! You are WAY ahead of me. Just so you know I LOVE the Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred video. You have to take it slow at first but you will see changes fast!! :) It's my favorite! Anyway YOU ROCK!

PS You should send me some of your favorite recipes. I am a terrible at cooking. Help a girlfriend out. :)

MILLS said...

Thanks for the encouragement!!!
I think you are headed down the right track for sure! And I totally feel you on wanting to take more pictures, I have been such a slacker in this Dept. the past few months!
Keep Positive and you can accomplish all of those goals! And feel free to have us test any of the new recipes you are going to be trying :)