Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Frickin' Elephant

I may be the only person who thinks it's funny, but it reminds me of my daily adventures in Kindergarten!


From the diary of a Kindergarten Teacher :
My five-year old students are learning to read.
Yesterday one of them pointed at a picture in a zoo book and said,

"Look at this! It's a frickin' elephant!"
I took a deep breath, then asked..."What did you call it?"
"It's a frickin' elephant! It says so on the picture!"

And so it did...

" A f r i c a n Elephant "

Hooked on phonics! Isn't it wonderful?


3 comments:

MILLS said...

LOL That is hilarious!!! Kids really do say the funniest things!!! Thanks for sharing, that made my day!

Jnan said...

Wow.. thanks for sharing some of the wonderful things I have to look forward too!

Tim and Stephanie said...

Hey Lindsey! It's Stephanie. I always look at your blog through Katrina's, (hope you don't mind) and I wanted to invite you to see our blog as well! It's fun to see what you guys are up too, especially your fun kindergarten class! It you want you can email me your email and I'll send you an invite! Stephcamp789@hotmail.com Take care!