Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Favorite Things....

This year, I have embarked on a new journey in life.  This new journey has lead me to have a few new favorite things.......some of them might actually shock you!

So, as of today these are my favorite things.....in no particular order.

1.  My iPhone 4.
Yes, I have always LOVED my iPhone but it now has a new purpose.......other than reading my celebrity news (my guilty pleasure),  and Facebook (and making calls, obviously).  Music.  It gets me moving, and motivated.  Which leads me to my next favorite....

2.  Music

It must be loud, and make me happy.  My little sis introduced me to David Guetta while she was in Europe racing and I haven't stopped listening to him since.  And, love him or hate him, Kanye sure does know how to make music you want to movie to.  Thank you gentlemen for getting me going each and everyday.

3.  The Elliptical
Now if you have known me for very long, you know that the gym and I don't tend to get along.  But as a new part of my journey it has to be my friend.  Now for the crazy part......I actually like going to get my sweat on.  I wanted to cry the first day I went......not anymore.  Cameron even told me today I might becoming addicted to it.  I could think of a lot worse things to be addicted to.  When the going gets tough, I imagine Jillian screaming "LAST CHANCE WORKOUT" in my face, and I manage to make it  to the end.

4.  The Social Network
I've said it before, and I will say it again.  I LOVE this movie.  People make me crazy who say the won't see it because it's about Facebook.  People.....it's not a movie about Facebook!!!  Get over you hate of social networking and rent this movie!!  It is one of the best movies I have ever seen!  Perhaps now that it has won some awards all of the haters will go and see it.  It also has a phenomenal soundtrack.

5.  Lil Critters Gummy Vitamins
I am not sure who to thank for this.......Karine or my friend Lauren (her blog is private, or I would send you there to see her in all of her cute, prego glory).  I have always hated vitamins.  They make me sick.  Lauren told be she had the same problem at the beginning of her pregnancy and her OBGYN told her to take 2 kids gummy vitamins instead.  Hmmmm.....I thought I should try them and see how they make my guts feel.  Well, Karine just happened to have some at her house and gave me some to try.  They seriously taste like candy, and are a nice little treat I look forward to every day.

6.  Costco Whole Grain Goodness

This new journey also included some changes to things I love.....white anything.  Goodbye white bread, regular pasta, white rice, and delicious lard filled flour tortillas.  Lucky for me, I found these delicious substitutes that can both be purchased at Costco (make sure you buy the "Good Seed" bread....it's better than the other one).  By now, you might think I should be institutionalized because all of these "new" things are very un-characteristic of the Food Network loving Lindsey.  Well, you might say that part of the old Lindsey is now gone.  I still love FN, and watch it pretty religiously, I just don't cook like Paula Deen anymore.  Butter doesn't necessarily make it better, Paula.  Sorry to burst you bubble.  Instead, I have been making these delightful treats........
You can find the recipe for these guilt-free gems here.  They are the perfect substitute for the butter laden cookies I used to make.

7.  The Scale
Probably the biggest shocker on my list!  This piece of bathroom furniture used to be my worst enemy.  I hated going to the doctor and seeing the number on the scale.  Now, I don't mind hoping on.  The numbers only continue to get smaller.

12 pounds smaller to be exact.  By no means are they "Biggest Loser" numbers, but I am proud of each and every one of them.  They are 12 pounds I will never see again.





5 comments:

Jayson Michael West said...

Wow Linds!!! You are amazing! Your blog post was so fun and inspirational!! I'm glad you're sticking to your new lifestyle plan and it's making you happy! I still haven't made a plan, but it's in the works. And I'm getting more motivation due to your awesome blog post. Love ya girl!!

Lauren Bigelow said...

Hooray for kid vitamins! I seriously don't even think I'll go back after I'm done being pregnant. Love your post and good for you with your new journey! I'll have to join you in your new finds once I have the baby, because the scale is for sure not my favorite right now.

Karine said...

Way to go! You are motivated and driven. So proud of you

Sharlene and Matt said...

Lindz!!! I am so proud of you!!! I've never liked the gym either so thank you for your comment on my blog and this post. I'll definitely work the hot tub into my routine after I work out. I hope that one day I'll be addicted to going to the gym. lol. GOOD JOB!!

Tayler Jae said...

Sister I am so unbelievably proud of you, this blog made me cry like a baby!! I love you more than you will ever know, you have always been my very best friend and the person I look up to the most! You are amazing and I'll do anything and everything I can to help you! I love you Sis, so much!